Accessibility requirements are regulated by the current edition of the adopted International Building Code and ICC/ANSI A117.
Section 501 of the International Building Code states that:
- Buildings shall have address numbers, building numbers, or approved building identification plainly legible and visible from the street
- Numbers shall contrast with background
- numbers shall be Arabic numerals or alphabetical letters
- numbers shall be a minimum of 4 inches high with minimum stroke width of 0.5 inch
CONSTRUCTION SITE ACTIVITIES
- Noise should be kept to a permissible level, from 7am-7pm
- Work is allowed between the hours of 7am-7pm
- Additional City Ordinances regarding Construction Activities (PDF)
The minimum depth of footings below undisturbed ground surface shall be 32 inches.
The minimum depth of water lines below undisturbed ground surface shall be 48 inches.
Nailing inspections are only required for engineered diagram roof designs and engineered shear wall designs.
- 40 lbs in most areas in the City limits
- 50 to 60 lbs in Rockridge subdivision
- 50 lbs in Skyridge subdivision
- Exposure B or C
- 90 mph for 3-second gust wind speed
- Fastest mile wind speed 75 mph