Online police reporting
Welcome to the Durango Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Durango City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Highway?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look below at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Durango Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Thefts and Supplements
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Report Incident" to begin. This will open a new window in your browser.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Durango Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 970-385-2900) to file your report.
Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions
Question - What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer - If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 970-385-2900.
Question - What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer - No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Durango please call the police department for that city.
Question - What if this happened on a state highway?
Answer - If this took place on a state highway please call the Colorado State Patrol at 970-249-4392.
Question - What is a known suspect?
Answer - A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.