In response to the Coronavirus emergency, construction stormwater classes scheduled for April 8-10 have been postponed. New dates will be announced as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact 970-375-4850.
Stormwater Master Plan Updates
The Design Criteria Manual Cost Analysis, latest version of the workbook, and helpful handouts on the workbook can be found below:
The updated Storm Drainage Design Criteria Manual, effective October 30, 2018 is available below.
Stormwater Quality Program
The City of Durango administers a municipal stormwater program in accordance with its Colorado Discharge Permit System MS4 Permit, to protect local water bodies from pollutants found in urban stormwater runoff. Program elements include:
- Providing public education on stormwater quality and pollution prevention
- Monitoring construction site erosion and sediment control
- Design standards for permanent water quality control measures
- Assisting with response to spills or illicit discharges to the storm drainage system.
- Pollution prevention and best management practices for municipal operations.
The City of Durango MS4 Program Description Document (PDD) is publicly available upon request.
Construction Stormwater Requirements
The City of Durango is a designated Qualifying Local Program by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - Water Quality Control Division. Construction sites disturbing less than five acres are automatically covered under the State Stormwater General Permit for Construction Activities with a City Stormwater Permit. Questions? Call 970-375-4850