Effective January 1, 2023, the Durango La Plata County Airport(“DRO”) has authorized AvFlight to begin billing and collecting General Aviation (“GA”) landing fees for GA operations of aircraft 12,500 lbs. or more.
The Landing Fees will be assessed at the time of arrival and billed by AvFlight at the following rate:
Landing Fee = $1.81 per 1000 pounds Maximum Certificated Landed Weight (MLW)
-This rate is subject to change on an annual basis
DRO charges landing fees in a non-discriminatory manner to all aircraft at or above 12,500 pounds of maximum gross landing weight. DRO does not exempt landing fees except for certain governmental and based aircraft as outlined further below.
Landing fees shall apply to all commercial non-signatory and transient general aviation (GA) aircraft operations at the Durango-La Plata County Airport. Landing fees shall be levied based upon the aggregate certificated maximum gross landing weight of all aircraft operated at DRO.
Government-Owned (Federal, State of Colorado) and Military Aircraft registered as owned by the government according to the Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) Registry will be exempt from payment of landing fees.
- Aircraft below 12,500 pounds of maximum gross landing weight will be exempt from payment of landing fees.
- Aircraft based at the Durango-La Plata County Airport (aircraft that are at the airport more than 183 days per year) will be exempt from payment of landing fees.
- No landing fee will be assessed in the event an aircraft lands at the airport due to a declared emergency.
- Aerial firefighting aircraft not owned and operated by the US government shall not be exempt from payment of landing fees.
- No landing fee will be assessed in the event an aircraft departs from the airport for another destination and, without making a stop at another airport, is forced to return to and land at the airport because of weather, mechanical, or other similar emergency or precautionary reasons.
- A full landing fee will be charged for ferry flights landing at the airport, and for unscheduled landings of aircraft originating from another airport and diverted to the Durango-La Plata County Airport due to weather, mechanical, or other reasons other than declared emergencies.