Approximately 20% of residential trash that is sent to landfill in Durango is made up of food waste that could be composted!
Composting reduces greenhouse gas emissions and recycles food waste to improve soil quality, increase soil carbon sequestration and help plants thrive!
Taking food waste out of your trash bin also helps reduce odor and avoid wildlife conflicts.
The City of Durango has partnered with local company Table to Farm Compost to offer citywide curbside compost collection!
Curbside collection is available for residents and businesses in Durango and starts at $25 per month for weekly food waste collection. For $34 per month, residents can sign up for both food waste and glass collection.
Residential Table to Farm Compost customers are also eligible to 5-gallons of free finished compost each year and receive a year-round discount on compost and artisan soil!
SIGN UP today!
For more information, contact Table to Farm Compost at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-601-3113.
Durango residents can also compost at home. Just be sure to follow local code and guidelines so that your compost pile is healthy and not attracting wildlife or causing a nuisance to your neighbors!
- How do I sign up for curbside compost collection?
- How much does it cost to compost with Table to Farm?
- What can I compost?
- Will my compost bin attract wildlife?
- Is it mandatory for me to sign up for compost collection?
- What happens if my bucket starts to smell?
- What if I have a large household and produce a lot of food waste each week?
- What if I have a small/single person household and don't produce a lot of food waste each week?