Find the resources you need to patent your invention or trademark your company’s intellectual property at the Durango Public Library. Our Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) is part of a nationwide network of public, state and academic libraries designated by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to support the public with free trademark and patent assistance.
Our trained PTRC staff can assist you in the following areas:
- Answer questions related to patents and trademarks
- Provide free access to patent and trademark documents in multiple formats
- Provide resources for researching historical information related to patents and trademarks
- Offer one-on-one appointments as well as occasional group workshops
- Use our designated PTRC workstation for searching on PubWest and PubEast
Please note that library staff cannot perform a patent or trademark search for you nor can we provide legal advice.
Legal resources and patent attorney information.
Schedule an Appointment
Patent and Trademark research can be complicated and time-consuming. The completeness and accuracy of your search rests entirely on you. Library staff can provide general instruction in the use of the tools provided by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, but cannot conduct searches for you nor provide legal advice.
Schedule an appointment with Donna Arment, Collection Management Supervisor, to learn how to use all the tools available to assist you in your research.