Welcome to the Durango Public Library!
The Durango Public Library, a department of the City of Durango, was founded in 1889 by the Reading Club of Durango. The current library building opened on December 1, 2008. The 42,800-square-foot Durango Public Library is LEED Gold Certified, and is one of the most popular community gathering spaces in Durango. The Library is currently funded through the joint sales tax fund of the City of Durango and La Plata County.