Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation News and Events
- The Recreation Center's Lap Pool will be CLOSED Saturday, October 19th and Sunday, October 20th for a Swim Meet.
- Both Gyms will be CLOSED on Saturday, October 19 all day for the Pickleball Mixer
- Oxbow Park River Access and the Animas River Trail North Extension is CLOSED to public access. For project updates visit the - project information page here
- Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan update website and the Draft Master Plan document
- Lake Nighthorse Accessible Fishing Area Improvements: Press Release here and illustration of improvements here. Lake Nighthorse hours of operation and other information here.
- Fire Adapted Durango Partnership mitigation plan for Durango's wildland-urban interface zone (WUI) information here: View the Fire Adapted Durango Partnership Presentation here. Access website links to Fire Adapted Durango Partnership organizations here.
- Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) ARTICLE ON DURANGO: The Spirit of Durango: One Town's Conservation & Recreation Values, March 19, 2019
- Parks and Recreation Department 2018 Annual Report
- Lake Nighthorse hours of operation and other information
- Cundiff Park & Santa Rita Park Planning & Design visit: Current Projects
- Durango Mesa Area Plan
- Future Parks and Recreation Projects
The mission is to promote and provide a full range of parks, trails, natural lands, recreational facilities, programs and amenities that enrich the quality of life for all residents and visitors. These services shall enhance the health and well-being of those we serve in a financially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
The vision is to promote and establish Durango as a leading community with a focus on health, wellness, vitality, safe access to amenities and an exceptional quality lifestyle.