You can now receive 9NEWS in Denver with a FREE over-the-air signal in Durango and La Plata County. 9News, KUSA in Denver can now be viewed on Durango Government Television (DGOV) on over-the-air channel 10.2. This means anyone with a TV antenna can view 9News by simply attaching an antenna to their TV and re-scanning their TV for channel 10.2.
If you watch 9News on DGOV, we would appreciate it if you would take this short 3 question survey to help us learn about what areas and individuals the channel serves.
DGOV will air eight and a half hours of 9News Mondays through Fridays, and six hours Saturdays and Sundays. Air times are as follows (subject to program changes):
|Monday - Friday||Saturday - Sunday|
|4:30am – 9:00am||6:00am – 9:00am|
|12:00 Noon – 12:30pm||5:00pm – 6:00pm|
|4:00pm – 5:30pm||5:00pm – 6:00pm|
|6:00pm – 6:30pm||9:00pm – 9:30pm|
|9:00pm – 10:30pm||10:00pm – 10:30pm|
When 9News is not on the air, DGOV 10.2 offers continuous information about city events and happenings, weather, news headlines and more, as well as background audio, news and information from Denver's "Colorado Public Radio Classical" station KVOD. Viewers can also watch the City of Durango's PEG Government Channel on Charter/Spectrum channels 191 or 981 and over the air on channel 10.1, offering entertaining and informative programs as well as coverage of Durango City Council and other local events and news. 9News will not be available on cable channels 191 or 981, only over the air on channel 10.2.
Signal strength is based on location. Reception is not guaranteed.
How to watch over-the-air television
All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options or wording may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to your TV owner's manual. If that is unavailable, the following general steps should guide you through the process.
Be sure your antenna is plugged into the ANT Input on the back of your TV. An outside antenna works best for reception. If that is not possible, place your antenna near a window.
2. Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option. Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.
3. Locate the Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
4. Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type, followed by either Antenna or Cable.
5. Make sure the designated setting is Antenna.
6. From the menu, choose Channel Scan (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
7. Allow the TV to complete the search. You will see a listing of how many channels have been found. This process may take several minutes.
8. Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press exit or quit.
9. Tune to channel 10.1 to watch Durango Government Television, or channel 10.2 to watch 9News with other DGOV content. There are numerous other channels that you can now watch for free as well!