Information Services (IS) will act as stewards of civic technology in order to promote an accessible, responsive and transparent government.
We are responsible for providing and managing the computer hardware and software environment for all City departments and citizen-facing systems like online payments, maps, and service requests. City staff must have access to reliable, accurate and secure information to perform government services and functions. Technical standards and policies, a reliable IT infrastructure, and securing of corporate data and information are key to a successful city technical environment.
IS meets these goals by leveraging work across three teams: Applications, Operations & Infrastructure, and GIS (Geographic Information Systems).
- Project and application portfolio management
- Security and risk management
- Change and communications management
- Systems integrations
- Application life cycle management
- Application Manager, Systems/Applications Analyst (3)
- Service desk, problem, and incident management
- Operations management
- Asset management
- Infrastructure life cycle management
- Security response and recovery
- Infrastructure & Operations Manager,Database Administrator, Network Engineer, Operations Analyst
- Data quality and governance
- Database operations
- GIS application development
- Business information and reporting
- GIS Manager, GIS Technician, GIS Analyst