International Building Codes
The purpose of building codes is to provide minimum construction standards to safeguard life, limb, health, property, and public welfare by providing minimum design and construction standards, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures within the city limits of Durango.
All construction submittals need to comply with the following codes:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
The National Electrical Code (NEC) is regulated by the State of Colorado Electrical Board.
Copies of the Inernational Codes can be purchased on the International Code Council's website.
International Code books are available for reference at: