Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation News and Events
- At the Wednesday, April 3, 2019 Joint Advisory Board meeting at 5:00 p.m. at the Durango Community Recreation Center, the Parks and Recreation Department Draft Strategic Plan 2019 - 2023 will be presented. View Draft Strategic Plan. View the press release on the Joint Adivsory Board Meeting here.
- Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Article on Durango: The Spirit of Durango: One Town's Conservation & Recreation Values, March 19, 2019
- Tubing at Chapman Hill Ski Area is now CLOSED for the season.
- Chapman Hill Ski Area will CLOSE for the season on Sunday, March 24, at 3 p.m.
- Animas River Trail North Extension and Oxbow Park River Access project information here
- Sky-Raider Trail Proposal information and Map on Current Projects webpage
- Cundiff Park & Santa Rita Park Planning & Design project information see our Current Projects Page
- Durango Mesa Area Plan final
- Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan update website
- Tennis courts are now CLOSED for the winter. Information on the situational reopening of the courts
- Chapman Hill Ski Area Adopted Master Plan: See Chapman Ski Hill page
Durango Parks & Recreation Receives National Accreditation
View the Parks and Recreation Accreditation (PDF)
- Animas River Access Design Information
- Animas River Corridor Management Plan
- City of Durango Tree and Shrub Guide
- Current Projects: Parks, Open Space and Trails
- Fertilization and Weed Abatement Schedule
- Management Plan Links and other documents
- Parks and Recreation Department Strategic Plans
- Parks and Recreation Department 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
The mission is to promote and provide a full range of parks, trails, natural lands, recreational facilities, programs and amenities that enrich the quality of life for all residents and visitors. These services shall enhance the health and well-being of those we serve in a financially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
The vision is to promote and establish Durango as a leading community with a focus on health, wellness, vitality, safe access to amenities and an exceptional quality lifestyle.