Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation News and Events
- Community Meeting on the Fire Adapted Durango Partnership mitigation plan for Durango's wildland-urban interface zone (WUI) is on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, from 5:30 - 7 p.m. at the Durango Community Recreation Center, 2700 Main Avenue. View the Fire Adapted Durango Partnership Presentation here. Access website links to Fire Adapted Durango Partnership organizations here.
- Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan update website and the Draft Master Plan document
- See the Presentation on the Draft POST&R Master Plan at the 7-22-19 Community Meeting
- Animas River Trail North Extension and Oxbow Park River Access - project information
- Chapman Hill Rink is Open for Roller Season! see schedule
- Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) ARTICLE ON DURANGO: The Spirit of Durango: One Town's Conservation & Recreation Values, March 19, 2019
- Parks and Recreation Department 2018 Annual Report
- Local River Outfitter Information
- Lake Nighthorse hours of operation and other information
- Sky-Raider Trail Proposal information and Map on Current Projects webpage
- Cundiff Park & Santa Rita Park Planning & Design visit: Current Projects
- Durango Mesa Area Plan
- Future Parks and Recreation Projects
The mission is to promote and provide a full range of parks, trails, natural lands, recreational facilities, programs and amenities that enrich the quality of life for all residents and visitors. These services shall enhance the health and well-being of those we serve in a financially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
The vision is to promote and establish Durango as a leading community with a focus on health, wellness, vitality, safe access to amenities and an exceptional quality lifestyle.