Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation News and Events
- Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan update website and July 2019 Draft Master Plan document
- Draft Parks, Open Space, Trails and Recreation Master Plan press release and meeting dates
- Animas River Trail North Extension and Oxbow Park River Access - project information here
- Chapman Hill Rink is Open for Roller Season! see schedule here.
- Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) ARTICLE ON DURANGO: The Spirit of Durango: One Town's Conservation & Recreation Values, March 19, 2019
- Durango Community Recreation Center Summer Aquatic Schedule Here!
- Parks and Recreation Department 2018 Annual Report
- Local River Outfitter Information Here
- Tree Pruning Tips Here!
- Lake Nighthorse hours of operation and other imformation here
- Sky-Raider Trail Proposal information and Map on Current Projects webpage
- Cundiff Park & Santa Rita Park Planning & Design visit: Current Projects
- Durango Mesa Area Plan
- Future Parks and Recreation Projects
- San Juan Mountains Association Teen Two Day/Three Night Backpack Trip, June 11 - 13. See page 30 in the 2019 Spring Summer Enrichment Guide for more details. Already signed up? Here are the forms you need: SJMA Backpacking Supply List and SJMA Backpacking Intake Form and the SJMA Backpacking Waiver
- Animas River Access Design Information
- Animas River Corridor Management Plan
- City of Durango Tree and Shrub Guide
- Current Projects: Parks, Open Space and Trails
- Fertilization and Weed Abatement Schedule
- Management Plan Links and other documents
- Parks and Recreation Department Strategic Plans
- Parks and Recreation Department 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
The mission is to promote and provide a full range of parks, trails, natural lands, recreational facilities, programs and amenities that enrich the quality of life for all residents and visitors. These services shall enhance the health and well-being of those we serve in a financially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner.
The vision is to promote and establish Durango as a leading community with a focus on health, wellness, vitality, safe access to amenities and an exceptional quality lifestyle.